Monday, May 24, 2010

So far...so little time to write

Today official orientation begins. The other interns and I have been going non-stop the past few days---seeing delightful things and befriending each other. Like most of the other interns, ended up traveling a few more hours than expected. It's cool--I take a sick satisfaction in watching people freak out over delays that they can do nothing about. The delay also meant that I got to fly over Kuwait at night.


After AIESEC picked me up at the airport, we immediately went to schwarma alley For about a dollar, I had a gyro-ish/al pastor-ish delight. From there, we dropped in at Med Cafe, a local Shisha bar. "We can't drink, so we smoke ourselves to death." In less than an hour, I met most of the local members of aiesec, as they smoked their shisha and watched the Champions
Cup.


More on days 2&3 later.

No comments:

Post a Comment