Saturday, May 29, 2010

Nerd Herding


In the United States, I always fall in with groups of nerds that love music, literature, art, gaming or some combination thereof.

For the past two evenings I have had discussions about character building in Dungeons and Dragons vs. world of darkness, dispelled the myth that tons of women game in the United States, and geeked out over some metal.

::blinks::
I...I am in Bahrain.

Which leads me to a list of the most unexpected things I have found in Bahrain so far:
-Gamers: I know they exist all over the world in theory, not in practice
-Metal: Did you know that Dream Theater and Mastadon were huge all over the world, and not just in Scandinavia?
-Stray Cats: Bahrain is too cool for stray dogs, they have hundreds of stray kitties
-Chili's: Yes, Chili's has been exported to Bahrain, and for a long time the Crown Prince was there every couple of days. I am fairly sure the franchise does better in Bahrain than in Missouri.

1 comment: