Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Surreal Blender

In many ways, I have started to settle into a routine and most days just feel like another day of work. The only real differences I notice at the office are the guy across from me that wears a thoub everyday and the call to prayer I hear every morning ringing from the minarets.
It sounds similar to this...I love it

Yesterday, however, that routine was thrown in a blender with some tequila and lime. And the margarita that came out could have tanked entire collections of Ernst or Gaudi. In the morning, as unlikely as it would seem, I ended up on a high fashion photo shoot. With models standing around in couture gowns, the brand manager for Al Zain arrives. In his hands is roughly $1 million dollars worth of jewelry...and guess who got to play with it? Me! I can't help that the cavewoman-esque enjoyment of all things sparkley yet sophisticated. Would I ever buy diamonds? No. Would I wear someone elses? Absolutely, because it is ridiculous to have the value of an entire house in your hands/on your body.



In other news, I just found out that my childhood friend, Tom, has outdone me again. Apparently he just got released from a Lao prison yesterday in time to celebrate his birthday. He was arrested for building a boat out of bamboo in order to sail it down the Mekong River.

Of course he is released just in time to celebrate his 24th birthday, with a special birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment